Use System Restore if the new driver causes problems. When the driver update is installed, a system restore point will be created automatically. This will allow you to roll your system back to before the driver was installed. Reimage is a safe and professional repair solution with various functions. It can not only replace corrupted Windows files and components, but also detect security threats like viruses or malware while improving your device’s stability. And most importantly, it won’t harm your custom settings or personal data during the process. To download the optimized driver for the latest games, chooseGame Ready Driversnext to Download Type, or you can selectStudio Driversfor the design purposes.
Essentially, it’s a piece of software that allows your computer’s components to work together and be recognised by Windows. When it comes to driver updates Windows 10 does a pretty good job of updating them automatically.
How and why to run chkdsk to scan and repair a Windows 11 hard drive
Try to install Nvidia drivers by following the steps given in Solution 1. If you still experience the ‘Nvidia Installer failed’ error, then move to the next solution. After disabling all third-party security programs running on your computer try to install the Nvidia drivers as described in Solution 1. If you are still witnessing the ‘Nvidia Installer failed’ error, then try the next solution.
- You can use Windows Update or open Device Manager for automatic updates.
- Some applications that offer to fix or update your drivers contain malware, adware, or spyware.
- These search engines have been integrated with the Firefox browser rocketdrivers.com, Yahoo! being the default one.
- Making sure you regularly check Windows Update and Device Manager should preclude needing an additional program, but they can be worth it if you want the added convenience.
- If the hard drive is well protected in your computer, it can also last to 5 years or 6 years.
Here, “Windows 11” is not mentioned under the drop-down menu, so select “Windows 10”. Windows 10 drivers will surely work on Dell laptops running Windows 11 too. Moreover, you can also click on “Category” and choose the type of driver you are looking for. Now, you will getaccess to all the driversspecific to your device.